Relevant Job Titles:
Extrusion Setter, Extrusion Technician, Production Technician, Extrusion Operator
- Carry out Tool Changes, Tool Setting and Trouble Shooting to meet the requirements of the PVC Extrusion Production Department, including general tool maintenance to meet the organisation’s stock and customer requirements.
- Ensure Tools are set in machines to attain maximum safety, productivity, and production performance at all times.
- In the role it is essential to ensure tools are set and run to meet the daily requirements of the customer order demands.
- Liaise with Production Manager, Supervisors, Quality Supervisor and Production Planner to achieve the required customer service levels and organisational requirements.
- Follow the production plan to ensure the correct products required are manufactured to meet stock requirements and customer orders.
- Correct setting of Tool and further ancillary equipment to deliver consistent quality parts to machine minders.
- Ensure correct quality of material is used to produce parts in line with Quality parameters
- Carry out daily machine safety checks as defined in daily check sheets.
- Carry out daily machine maintenance as defined in the maintenance check sheets.
- Complete and record the machine settings correctly as per product setting sheets.
- Monitor daily production and productivity and investigate lines and products which do not achieve the declared operational weights, times and run speeds for maximum output.
- Oversee and ensure good levels of housekeeping are maintained in and around the machines in line with Health & Safety (H&S).
- Immediately deal with any quality issues as raised and trouble shoot where required.
- Maintain the lines of communication between the Manager, Setters, Operators and the Operations Director across all shifts.
- Apply and maintain all Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and requirements
- Apply the current Risk Assessments and ensure Fire regulations are maintained.
- Apply and uphold the company employment policy, regulations and procedures; monitoring discipline in the workplace and ensure the company HR policy, rules and regulations are complied with.
- Report any faulty or damaged Tools or Machines to the Cell Manager.
- Correct and safe setting of Tools and Machines
- Carrying out daily safety checks and inspections on the area and machines
- Carrying out daily maintenance checks of machines and ensure the record sheets are completed correctly
- Safe handling, movement, and storage of Tools
- Accurate checking of first off parts on completion and sign off components for full production run
- Responding quickly and efficiently to machine breakdowns and tooling issues once they are brought to your attention
- All tools and machines are consistently set using the correct material and run speeds in accordance with the Quality Management System
- Continuous application of site and departmental Health and Safety regulation requirements including Fire, First Aid and Emergency Evacuation.
- Application of the HR Policy, Disciplinary and proper codes of conduct