- To be responsible for overall execution and delivery of the production schedule for department as a whole, ensuring the schedule is completed and any issue are escalated to the appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for ensuring the trimmers have the required tools, information and guidance to make sure job sheet is completed everyday maximizing plan adherence and efficiency.
- Ensuring all tasks are completed on time, correctly to company/customer policy/procedures in an efficient manner.
- Working with the team on a day to day basis ensuring any delays are highlighted to the Operations Manager and a plan is put in place with the team to catch up/cover off any delays, causing issues are rectified ASAP and a prevention plan/action is put in place.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is well checked, maintained and serviced according to the company policy, any issues to be rectified immediately and escalated as required.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensure job sheet is marked off on time and accurate to WO’s issued/received.
- Liaise with the Inspection department to ensure smooth production of current and future work.
- Ensure that any resource/material shortages are reported to the Operations Manager or Production Managers.
Quality and Standards
- Responsible for ensuring all work is completed to the correct quality standard (both the customer and companies) at all times.
- Attend quarantine meetings when required to quickly identify and action fixes to arising issues.
- Liaising with the Operations Manager to debrief quality performance, issues, failures of process, corrective actions and ensuring any actions are followed and resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Escalating any issues arising from moulds/process/manuals needs to the Operations Manager/PM/PE immediately and ensuring these are dealt with.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of trimmers, ensuring they are aware of their individual shift requirements, the work expected of them and the company policies and procedures.
- To train and develop trimmers to trim to the correct quality standard (both for the customer and company) at all times and in an efficient manner.
- To proactively encourage a teamwork environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Capable of listening to and following instructions.
- Capable of giving clear and precise instructions.
- Capable of reaching set targets within given time frame.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK