Job Contact: Matt Reynolds – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07498 627 194
Job Reference: WM – 1724
Job Start date: ASAP
Commutable from: Market Drayton, Nantwich, Wrexham, Whitchurch, Crewe, Oswestry
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,500 – £24,500
Benefits: Good benefits package
We have been tasked by our client, in supporting them with their search for 5x Zone Supervisors (Level 1 – days), who will co-ordinate and drive the movement of work, manpower and equipment to achieve the daily plan. Successful applicants will have strong man management experience.
Relevant Job Titles:
Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, Zone Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Logistics Manager, Team Leader
To ensure that performance, non-conformance and behaviour are challenged constructively and equally, escalated to the Zone Supervisor Level 2 if required. Be clear on work expectations and utilise staff according to their trained skill level.
Job Responsibilities / Key Accountabilities:
- Understand the daily plan to support the preparation & co-ordination of labour & resource.
Work & Work Management:
- Co-ordinate the daily activity for designated zone(s). Ensure all work/movements (i.e. bookings, vehicle movements, Vas work, internal work) are dealt with in the set timeframes & all systems updated accordingly.
- Ensure allocated staff are distributed in line with their skill level and trained ability to achieve the daily plan.
- Raise any equipment concerns (i.e. MHE, scanners, printers etc.) to the Zone Manager, with the relevant detail of what is required and why.
- If activity deviates from the current plan (vehicle no-shows etc.) highlight downtime to the Supervisor so labour can be re-distributed.
- Actively step up when Manager is not present
- Keep Zone Manager regularly updated of any staff concerns, including, under performance attitude, behaviour and non-conformity. Support with corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensure H&S, Quality and Food Safety compliance requirements/standards are met. Directly challenge unacceptable behaviours and support with corrective action where appropriate.
Housekeeping & Equipment Management:
- Promote and ensure a clean and tidy work environment
Claims & Claims Management:
- Assist in the delivery of SOP’s/SSOW’s & training when required
- Operative duties
- Working with a ‘one warehouse team’ mindset
- Responding positively to being respectfully challenged
- Ensuring the delivery of departmental actions and initiatives in line with agreed timeframes
- Embracing change initiatives positively and engaging key colleagues
- Delivering against demanding and changing timescales / deadlines
Personal Qualities, Motivation & Expectations:
- Team player
- Ability to positively influence and communicate to others /Diplomatic
- Assertive, Alert and Proactive
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Customer service driven
- Ability to work efficiently across all areas of the Warehouse
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving organisation
- Ability to openly and constructively challenge
- Ability to effectively problem solve