- Guide, coach, grow and mentor the team ensuring milestones and timelines are maintained and met
- Develop and implement creative solutions based on different technologies and key requirements
- Contribute to the human factors engineering efforts on the clinical system
- Help to ensure the clinical system meets the needs of the Surgeons, Nurses and Healthcare Professionals who will work with it
- Lower the risk to patients associated with use errors and misuse of the clinical system
- Provide support to development teams to engineer subsystems and interfaces that improve user experience whilst at the same time considering the cost and manufacturability of the design
- Support the analysis of risks and opportunities
- Support the planning, moderating, and reporting of formative and summative usability studies.
- We’re a high-growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything that helps the team deliver its objectives.
Specific skills and attributes we are looking for include:
- Previous experience in leading a team to meet objectives working to maintain engagement in a challenging and exciting environment
- Strong interpersonal skills across a diverse range of engineering, clinical and business disciplines
- Articulate; to ensure we excel, you’ll need to be a strong communicator (whether that’s in what you say or what you write) with excellent attention to detail
- Not only will you be comfortable observing and interviewing people in clinical situations, you’ll also be great at putting them at ease A proven ability to synthesise a lot of information and distill it into meaningful actions
- A track record of consistently producing valuable, well-written, deliverables containing solid and actionable recommendations
You’ll have a degree and significant practical experience in either Human Factors/Usability, Ergonomics, Hu-man-Computer Interaction, User Experience, Industrial/Engineering/Product Design, Psychology, Human Behaviour or any other discipline that contributes to the understanding of user-device interaction.
It is indispensable that you have the following hands-on experience:
- Applying human factors methodologies for EU, ISO & FDA regulated medical devices
- The pragmatic application of IEC 62366 and HE-75 in the development of medical devices
- Use related risk management – UFMEA
- Other applicable guidelines and standards regarding reprocessing, labelling, instructional materials, 60601, AAMI TIRs, etc.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK