- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPI’s and Service Levels
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- Experience of applying a working knowledge of relevant legislation.
- A good understanding of Transport Legislation
- Responsibility for circa 15 drivers and a fleet of 20 vehicles.
- This is an extremely customer-focused role as the business prides itself on its customer service and responsiveness. You will need to be able to understand client needs and respond to them pro-actively, positively and extremely quickly.
- This is a hands-on role – where you will be expected to brief & liaise with drivers on a daily basis.
- Planning of routes.
- Recruitment, on-boarding and driver retention.
- Booking MOT’s, 6 weekly inspections
- Monitor driver’s hours and report to Line Manager
- Implement new defect system
- Effective team worker and confident and positive communicator.
- PC literate in Excel and Word
- Ideally CPC qualified, but not essential
- 1-2 years relevant delivery management experience in a delivered/wholesale environment.
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative, focus and commitment and flexibility
- PC skills for Excel, Word and WMS experience
- A working knowledge of VOSA requirements for Class 1 and Class 2 delivery vehicles
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK