Job Start Date: ASAP
Commutable From: Preston, Bolton, Leeds, Manchester, Blackburn, Burnley
Benefits: Days role
We are supporting our client who are a successful plastics manufacturer, in their search for a Training Officer. The overall responsibility of the Training Officer will be to create injection moulding training programs of the purpose of increasing skill level. You will develop, manage and implement this training resource for existing staff and new apprentices.
Relevant Job Titles:
Training Officer, Injection Moulding Team Leader, Technical Training Manager, Senior Moulding Setter, Senior Moulding Technician
- Manage all aspects of both internal and external training delivery within the company.
- Manage the training facility to ensure that it is continually maintained to the required standard for the provision of internal and external training.
- Work with the Cell leaders to identify the specific training needs of the employees and develop training programmes to meet these bespoke requirements.
- Act as a mentor and coach to the Apprentices, taking an active role in their development.
- Control of technical training records.
- Instill a culture of best practice within the workforce.
- HND/Degree Level in Engineering or equivalent qualification in Injection Moulding and Processing
- Development of training packages and materials
- Socially engaging and confident personality
- Creative presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills and a positive attitude
- A working knowledge of Health and safety procedures and processes.
- Proven experience in developing training materials in various formats
- Proven track record of Implementation of training
- A good working knowledge of Lean principles or Six Sigma methodology
- Ideally experience of delivering training in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Previous training/teaching experience an advantage
If you would like to apply for the role, simply click the ‘apply now’ button to upload your CV and contact information or contact the assigned consultant for this job vacancy.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
“Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.