- Tool room management, assigning jobs to the tool room resources according to the established priorities.
- Plan and monitor workload to maximise tool efficiency using KPI’s.
- Prove tooling and troubleshoot until running acceptably.
- Strip rebuild tools for maintenance / repair and service.
- Manage the current preventive tool maintenance program.
- Operation of lathes, millers, grinders etc.
- Use of measuring equipment such as micrometres and verniers.
- Mentor for apprentices and trainer for other employees.
- All employees are required to maintain safe working practices by adhering to the Health and Safety policies of the company in place at any given time.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and do not in themselves justify the re-evaluation of the post.
Essential requirements / experience:
- Substantial and significant experience in a Tool Room environment
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly with external toolmaker, suppliers, and customers.
- Strong team player with the capability to build teams.
- Competent Microsoft programs experience e.g., Excel.
- Hands on manager, able to manage a workload in a fast-moving 24/7 production environment with a small team of tool technicians.
- Can fault find on modern Injection Mould hot runner systems and refit heaters when required.
- Has a very good understanding of tooling designs.
- A good eye for detail
Desirable requirements / experience:
- Design skills using CAD.
- A degree of flexibility so far as working hours are concerned to accommodate the needs of the business.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK