To schedule & prioritise Toolroom Work. To monitor performance & ensure existing standards in toolroom, utilising all machinery to manufacture prototype and production of moulds, jigs, fixtures, hand and press tools including the use of pneumatics. To coach & develop team members. To interact with internal customers and drive the Toolroom forward with expanding capabilities & capacity.
- Organises the departmental resources and uses initiative to assign and prioritise work in progress in the toolroom in order to ensure that the deadlines and department goals are met and the output and quality requirements of the customer are achieved. Monitors daily performance and works with individuals to meet daily performance targets. Where issues outside of direct control may lead to missing demand, brings suggested solutions to manager for discussion/ agreement.
- Manufacture complicated prototypes and product samples, jigs, fixtures, prototype and production moulds, paying close attention to detail. Maintains a daily focus upon the 5Ms (Material, Machines, Manpower, Methods and Measurements), Observing any abnormalities and reacting to prevent disruption to the work flow through the processes under your control. Creates and Maintains Standard work for all operations , Audits process to ensure adherence to agreed methodology and practice. Seeks out improvements and encourages an environment of active continuous improvement.
- Supervises all human resources effectively ensuring recruitment, training, appraisals and discipline are co-ordinated to reach departmental goals. Works with HRD department to maintain records and to consistently, promptly and effectively respond to discipline and motivational issues. Actively gauges moral in the team and takes action to address issues and provide support as required/ is necessary.
- Investigate & initiate purchase of machinery to support future growth. Monitor & action daily upkeep of Toolroom facilities (Consumables, TPM etc..)
- Ensures that all Health, Safety and Environment legislation as well as Southco practice are clearly understood and are followed in the department 6. Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Line Manager
- Management / Supervisory experience
- Time Served Apprenticeship
- Technical /process skills (Toolmaking) are essential for the role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer focused, committed to quality and continuous improvement
- Effective decision making skills.
- Safety and environmentally conscious.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK