Job Start Date: ASAP
Commutable From: Malvern, Bromyard, Hereford, Worcester, Droitwich
Benefits: To be discussed at interview
We are supporting our client who are a successful plastics manufacturer, in their search for a Toolmaker.
Relevant Job Titles:
Toolmaker, Tooling Technician, Mechanical Fitter, Tooling Engineer
Reporting to the Tool Room Manager, this role will be required to work a Day shift within a precision technical injection moulding environment. They will be working hands on, supporting a small team involved in tool design and manufacture for existing product tools as well as new designs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the maintenance, repair and modification of injection mould tools, enabling production to meet customer demands and targets.
- Operating the Hurco CNC, Grinding Machines, Centre Lathes and XYZ Milling as well as manual Milling and Turning Machines and other relevant tool room machinery and fitting work as the business demands.
- To be a member of cost reduction tooling and process teams, efficiency improvements and to improve quality and accuracy both for tools and moulded components.
- Carry out repairs on existing tools as well as modifying injection moulding tools as required by business or customer request.
- To ensure that the repair and maintenance of injection mould production tools is carried out in line with production requirement in the allocated time frame.
- To test and confirm the electrical operation of tools before return to production.
- To record all relevant data pertaining to tooling and record onto the Tool Room database.
- To be proactive in making tooling modifications to improve scrap cycle time and tool reliability.
- To ensure that housekeeping within the area is maintained in a satisfactory condition.
- To ensure a safe working environment exists for self and colleagues in line with the Company Health & Safety processes and procedures.
- Manage the Tooling processes in line with ISO900 and ISO13485.
- Any other duties as requested by management.
Skills & Experience:
- Apprentice trained machinist to C&G Level 3
- Previous experience in an injection moulding environment
- Accuracy, efficiency, adaptability and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in setting and operating tool making machines (CNC, lathes, mills, grinders, spark eroder).
- Proven experience in machining precision parts in line with engineering drawings.
- Computer literate with ability use Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Competent reach truck driver, or able to be trained
- TIG welding skills and certification
- Demonstrate excellent bench ‘hand skills’ i.e. filing and forming
- Comprehensive understanding of 2D tooling drawings and 3D CAD models
- Experience of ERP systems
- Experience of XYZ and Hurco milling and CNC machines
- An understanding of working to ISO 9001 and 13485
- Experience of manufacturing using reverse engineering techniques where drawings are unavailable.
- Capable of polishing to 3 micron mirror finish
If you would like to apply for the role, simply click the ‘apply now’ button to upload your CV and contact information or contact the assigned consultant for this job vacancy.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
“Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.