- To ensure that wherever possible, the repair and maintenance of production tools is carried out in line with production requirement in the allocated time frame.
- To modify tools as required by business or customer request.
- To produce new tools, moulds and hot plate welding jigs in line with project and business objectives.
- To test and confirm electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic operation of tools before return to production.
- To maintain the highest standard of workmanship at all times.
- To record all relevant data pertaining to tooling and record onto the Toolroom database.
- To have an active involvement in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives.
- To be proactive in making tooling modifications to improve scrap cycle time and tool reliability.
- To ensure that housekeeping within the area is maintained in a satisfactory condition.
- To ensure a safe working environment exists for self and colleagues.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ‘Hot runner systems’ i.e. Mould masters & HRS
- Tig welding skills and certification
- Demonstrate excellent bench ‘hand skills’ i.e. filing and forming
- Capable of polishing to 3 micron mirror finish
- An apprentice-served Toolmaker, preferably with an ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 5 years previous experience of injection mould tools.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK