Toolmaker – Responsibilities:
- As Toolmaker, you will perform all aspects of plastic injection mould tool maintenance, repair and modifications.
- Manufacture Jigs & Fixtures, Prototype tooling & parts and Test fixtures to support the manufacturing processes across the facility
- Provide technical support to the other functional departments.
- To safely use and maintain all tool room equipment used in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation and company 5S guidelines and to ensure others in the tool room adhere likewise.
- To accurately manufacture prototypes and product samples, jigs, fixtures in accordance with given work schedules, prioritising work as necessary, using appropriate CAD/CAM systems when required.
- To accurately manufacture production tooling in accordance with given work schedules, prioritising work as necessary. Manipulate CAD data for localised machining and the manufacture of electrodes etc.
- To maintain/repair and modify production tooling in accordance with company guidelines.
- To work as a team to fully assist all functions within the Facility.
- Use initiative to assist and introduce new methods for assembly and manufacture, communicating these as necessary.
- Committed to completion of all annual departmental and personal development goals as directed by the Toolroom Supervisor
- Keep detailed and up to date recorded of all activates carried out within the department on the Pirana Database. This will include detailed job descriptions , Updating the Asset register, Updating PM activates, Logging hours worked, Setting job status fields & Maintaining the stock management system.
- Experienced on CAD/CAM software including 3D data manipulation. (NX experience preferred)
- Operate all Standard Toolroom machinery and have experience with various CNC machinery operation and programming
- Experienced in the use of EDM machinery Wire-cut and Die-sink to support the repair and manufacture of production tooling.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK