Relevant Job Titles:
Tooling Engineer, Tooling Project Engineer, Project Engineer, Moulding Project Engineer, Project Manager,
• Create a database and manage Tooling information on IFS
• Drive and manage investigations into Tooling improvement possibilities.
• Collaborate with the Engineering, Innovations, Automation, and production teams in order to continually improve all aspects of current and new Tooling
• Create and present feasibility reports for all identified Tooling opportunities.
• Create and Coordinate project teams to achieve the agreed project outcomes.
• Ensure all Tooling projects are embedded with the local teams for seamless handover to production
• Work with external suppliers to ensure all new tooling is specified to PBS exact requirements.
• Actively drive S.M.E.D. tooling initiatives.
• In all projects involving new Tooling the person will be Tooling project technical lead whilst being responsible for project management activities.
• Provide technical support for all aspects of Tooling fault finding and improvement.
• Identify and coordinate Tooling training opportunities for self and wider teams.
• Coordinate planned maintenance and Tooling repairs with the toolroom, planning department, production, and external resources to ensure all tooling is available for production when required.
• Actively research Tooling developments within the group, external suppliers, and manufacturing businesses.
• Liaise with Tooling and production teams within the group to share knowledge.
• Drive company values and promote an environment of continuous improvement
Experience Desired / Required
• Excellent knowledge of injection moulding and extrusion Tooling design preferably qualified to a minimum HNC level in an engineering field involving electrical / mechanical Engineering or Tooling
• Knowledge of metrology
• Knowledge of S.M.E.D
• An ability to communicate with internal stakeholders / project teams and external Tooling companies
• Project management skills and experience.
• Ability to troubleshoot Tooling faults
• Good understanding of the injection moulding and extrusion process.
• Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Willingness to travel to external Toolmakers (worldwide)
• An understanding of machine / automation safety requirements (potentially IOSH or similar training).
• Ideally experienced with PVC building products tooling.
• Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines as part of a team or individually