Tooling Engineer –
As a Tooling Engineer your responsibilities will include the following:
- The introduction new tooling into production
- Co-ordinating the purchasing and manufacture of tooling for use in the company.
- To work with component designers to ensure new designs are in line with the principals of reducing costs and lead times for tools, reducing cycle times and scrap levels, and minimising tool maintenance and breakdowns
- Conducting RFQ and nominations activities for new tooling
- To co-ordinate and carry out tool design reviews, ensuring all tool designs are reviewed.
- To supervise and carry out tool trials, in conjunction with Moulding Engineering.
- Be part of/lead “Practical Problem Solving” teams
To be successful as a Tooling Engineer, you must have experience with the process of tooling procurement including:
- The preparation of ‘Request For Quotation’ documentation
- The analysis of ‘Cost Break Down Sheets’ for complete tools and modifications
- Experience of working within a Manufacturing site, automotive essential
- Completion of HNC or equivalent in an engineering or plastics-related subject
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK