- Responsible for the introduction of new tooling into production from tool launch until SOP +90 days
- Responsible for co-ordinating the manufacture of tooling for use in the company to schedule.
- To work with component designers to ensure new designs are in line with the principals of reducing costs and lead times for tools, reducing cycle times and scrap levels, and minimising tool maintenance and breakdowns.
- Supporting the Senior Technical Buyer when conducting RFQ and nomination activities for new tooling.
- To co-ordinate and carry out cross-functional tool design (GA) reviews, ensuring all tool designs are reviewed in line with tool specification, procedures and guidelines. Completion of all necessary documentation to support the design sign off into manufacture.
- To visit toolmakers during tool manufacture to confirm status and report within procedures and guidelines. Completion of necessary documentation to support all supplier visits.
- To supervise, support and carry out tool trials (either external or internal), in conjunction with Moulding Engineering, following procedures
- To complete tool manufacture checklist and carry out pre-delivery checks on tools to ensure that tools comply with specifications and production expectation.
- Agree corrective actions with project team, external toolmakers and stakeholders.
- Liaising with suppliers to plan tool or equipment improvements and modifications to schedule.
- Support customer events in accordance with project management and quality engineering with regard to technical issues
- Provide integration support, toolmaker sign-off and release – including (as appropriate) technical support to production (home line) for problem follow up (issue management).
- Be part of/lead “Practical Problem Solving” teams.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in plastic injection mould tool design, development, and implementation.
- Mechanical / Technical Diploma / Degree or equivalent experience in injection mould tooling
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Strong clerical and organisational skills (Trial Reporting, Problem Follow Up Reporting and Project Work Book).
- Able to read and understand technical drawings and analyse CAD models using software provided (with training as appropriate)
- Able to understand and follow Company processes and procedures.
- Able to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
- Strong statistical and reporting skills and able to analyse, interpret and manage information, data and trends
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Results orientated and able to prioritise workload to meet project deadlines
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK