Test Development Manager
Every day will be different and that’s the beauty of joining our rapidly growing team! As we grow roles will also change and evolve and as a result, we’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the manufacturing/operations engineering remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
- Establishing, planning, and delivering the technical strategy for manufacturing test of Versius, from a single PCB to a complete surgical system
- Management of multidisciplined workstreams across Operations to deliver effective and reliable test solutions and improvements
- Providing direction, mentorship, and guidance to the Test Development Team
- Having overall responsibility for the quality of test software deployed on the production line and with our suppliers
- Providing technical oversight and review of all test systems deployed to the production line
- Establishing key relationships throughout the business to align technical vision and deliver effective test for new products
- Working closely with the supply chain, production, and quality teams to ensure effective escalation and resolution of technical issues
- Demonstrating leadership by ensuring communication and actions are focused on the companies’ vision and values
- Utilising a collaborative and open approach to problem solving and design of test systems within the team and with all stakeholders
You will have experience of operating at an engineering manager level in a highly regulated manufacturing environment, preferably with experience of ISO 13485 certification and FDA GMP.
An excellent project management track record for on-time and on-budget delivery of manufacturing engineering projects, demonstrating and innovative approach to problem solving, such examples could be:
- Process development
- ERP/MES integration
- Test development and execution
- Fault diagnosis and rework strategies
- A proven ability in steering and developing multi-disciplined technical teams (preferably software and electrical) to deliver high quality solutions on time and on budget
- A flexible and responsive approach with the ability to differentiate and prioritise between multiple conflicting priorities without losing sight of long-term strategic objectives
- A good degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience combined with a successful track record of manufacturing/development in a high-tech, low to mid volume, high quality environment – you should know what excellence looks like and how to get there
- If you don’t have direct experience of test development for a medical device, you may have worked in an equivalently regulated industry such as automotive or aerospace.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK