Technical Sales Manager (Mechanical Heating)
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and driving a regional technical sales plan in association with the regional accounts managers and existing sales team.
The role is intended to maximise missed sales opportunities & increase profit targets for medium to small contractors, offering these customers a technical differential, including a focus on a specialised product, to meet their requirements and to grow their business and reliance of the company.
- Reporting on conventional mechanical & Public Health designs
- Interpretation and value engineering of 3rd party specifications
- Detailed on site fault finding on complex industrial and commercial systems
- Undertaking mechanical and public health dilapidation surveys and writing professional reports
- Reporting on schedule of condition of M&PH systems
- Detailed design capabilities on all levels of M&PH systems
- The ability to present and train customers with ongoing professional development
- A detailed working knowledge of CIBSE Guide B & M
- A detailed working knowledge of SFG20
- To implement branch and regional technical sales plans as developed by yourself and directed by your Regional Sales Director, working closely with your Branch Managers, central technical teams and key suppliers, to ensure the region provides high quality technical and specification support to pre-selected customers in order to drive increasing sales and overall product mix.
- Responsibility for end-to-end project managing and delivering effective engineering solutions, package solutions as well as health checking ongoing projects/packages to uphold customer standards and meet project timelines
- Offering customers high quality technical support throughout the project lifecycle (from quote to aftersales), utilising all methods of interaction whilst maintaining a cost-effective approach and maximising productivity
- To assist in developing the technical knowledge of colleagues within the branch network and regional sales teams, supporting Account Managers, Internal Sales and Branch Managers with specialised and technical products.
- To provide technical surveys and project evaluation as well as supporting on project documentation (BIM, CAD, 3D Drawings etc.).
- Developing good working relationships with pre-selected customers in order to gain commitment to buy a set range of equipment without compromise/in return for any added value service
- Extensive working knowledge of mechanical heating
- A career in conventional M&E consultancy would be a preferred background or alternatively higher management within a large-scale Hard FM contractor would be beneficial
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- A professional membership of CIBSE
- Demonstrable track record in technical surveying and report writing
- Above all else must be an effective communicator
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK