Technical Projects Manager
- Responsible for the management of NPI projects from tooling purchase, through to part sign off by both customer and production dept. following the APQP process.
- Primary Customer contact for all aspects of projects
- Undertaking DFM and tooling GA approval design reviews, planning sampling for AAR/ISIR/FAIRs approvals
- Creation of project risk analysis utilising FMEA and contributing to control plans
- Creation and control of project budget including gap analysis,
- Interrogation of 2D drawings & 3D CAD data to determine moulding shot weights and machine size/clamp force requirements.
- Preparing RFQ’s and sourcing tooling from both UK & FE.
- Reporting the status of projects to senior management on a regular basis
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within an injection moulding manufacturing environment
- Holder of a recognized Engineering Apprenticeship and/or degree level qualification
- Knowledge of injection mould processing optimization techniques
- Structured and logical approach to problem solving
- Able to take responsibility and ownership of all tasks within the NPI process
- Resilient, with the ability to work to tight deadlines using your own initiative
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Microsoft project,
- Experience of working with technical 2D drawings / 3D CAD models of parts and tooling
- Awareness of the H&S requirements associated with working in a factory environment
- Strong team working ethic, with ability to operate between supporting functional groups
- Experience within automotive manufacturing sector would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience in creating PPAP documentation including FMEA and Control Plans
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK