Support Production Technicians with setting of Extrusion tooling, downstream equipment, and machine change over preparation.
- Preparation for Extrusion tool changes, including collection of extrusion die’s, calibrators, and baths from tool storage racks.
- Completion for extrusion tool changes and downstream equipment setup in accordance with agreed standards and SSW within the expected change over times.
- Carry out basic machine operation (safely start up and shut down extruders using purging materials in line with company standards and SSW) To include setting of machine temperature controls.
- Carry out cleaning of extrusion die’s and calibrators using approved materials and techniques.
- Support with product colour, length and identification marking changes.
- Storage of extrusion tooling following line change overs, returning the tooling to its designated storage location or delivery to the Tool room for cleaning and routine maintenance.
- Use of Barco to ensure that the relevant stop codes are used to report machine status.
- Working knowledge of Barco to ensure correct production plans are followed.
Completion of Production Operator activities including packing, quality checks, product booking and product transfer.
- Carry out visual quality checks on manufactured extruded products in accordance with the company Building Services quality plan / standards and enter results into the quality database.
- Packing of manufactured extruded products.
- Operation of semi-automatic bagging equipment.
- Use of appropriate MHE for movement of materials and stock (if trained and approved to do so).
- Booking of finished product on IFS.
Ensure all agreed safe systems of work are followed at all times for the relevant tasks and report near misses and safety concerns in order to prevent potential accidents.
- Ensure that high levels of housekeeping are maintained within the factory and yard area, including cleaning of machines and floor areas.
- Ensure all waste materials are separated into their designated containers ready for disposal.
- Ability to select job / tool / product from planning board taking account of priorities
- Ability to select machine for removal of outgoing tooling and installation of incoming tooling and downstream equipment
- Extrusion product knowledge relating to product type, base material used, colour, identification markings, labelling and visual standards etc
- Knowledge of packing methods and consumable materials
- Ability to document all relevant data on Quality Database, Barco, or IFS
- Ability to conduct ongoing quality checks for visual, dimensional, and fit to gauges
- Ability to complete IFS production bookings for manufactured product prior to dispatch
- Ability to use appropriate MHE (including crane) for product, tooling, and consumable transfers
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environment standard for self and others.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK