Brief Role Description:
We’re supporting our client, who are now in the market for a Technical Manager to join their growing team
- Demonstrating first class leadership by managing and developing people within the Engineering team
- Analyze existing molds and processes. Make recommendations for corrections to improve customer satisfaction, cycle times, cavitation and increase life of the molds and equipment. Responsible for full cavitation and meeting standard cycle time in molding and assembly.
- Responsible for continuous improvement projects within the plant. Working with plant staff to identify improvements, develop actions to address, track finances of project and supply completion documentation.
- Works with plant staff to determine processing and automation needs of the facility and provide alternatives for continuous improvement in the plant operations, oversees the research, recommendations and leads innovative improvements to upgrade equipment and processes.
- Ensures manufacturing documentation is accurate and properly distributed and filed during the project and through the manufacturing life of the product. Recommends designs for special equipment and assists production with product and process research and development programs.
- Assists quality to troubleshoot quality problems with the mold and process to identify root causes for out of specification parts and performs necessary repairs to ensure parts made are within quality specifications.
- Creates positive customer relationships through results of sampling and solutions to production problems.
- Successfully establishes, utilizes and optimizes SPC tools to provide for documentation and evaluation of the molding process. Train site personnel to assure process quality and determine special cause events.
- Evaluate plastic processing and support equipment for productivity/quality improvement and or cost reduction.
- Maintains updated knowledge on methods, systems and equipment to continuously improve quality and productivity.
- Review and approve tooling, automation and secondary equipment, along with factory acceptance test requirements and protocols. Actively provide technical assistance to the Sales Department
- To lead and facilitate designIspecification, purchase, installation and qualification of mould tools, moulding machines, ancillary equipment and service requirements for their installation
- Closely work with Sales team to support key technical requirement
- Where appropriate, to contribute and provide pertinent information in relation to Alltrista’s. QMS and ensure that all activities carried out within the remit of the role are at all times in compliance with the QMS.
- To comply with Alltrista’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures
- To effectively utilize all available resources (personnel, plant, etc.), in order to fulfil the above
- Performs such individual assignments as Alltrista and or Jadex management may direct
- An innovative Technical Manager with strong plastic injection moulding & medical/pharma experience
- A leader, someone who can demonstrate effective management and development of people
- You’ll be a critical thinker, able to proactively achieve results
- A thorough understanding of modern production processes and associated machine tools and materials that will deliver the most effective and efficient means of manufacture
- Excellent communication skills; able to influence people from shop floor to boardroom level
- High level of commercial acumen, which is imperative when customer facing
- Ideally degree qualified
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK