Technical Buyer –
- We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Supply Chain remit that helps the team deliver its objectives. Some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Organising and leading meetings both internally and externally with suppliers in remit.
- Monitoring of supplier performance and feedback performance for continuous supplier
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with critical and key suppliers within as-signed material category.
- To ensure competitive pricing using the RFQ process with regular benchmarking of suppliers.
- Take ownership for daily activities for suppliers within remit, placing PO’s, expediting and general performance improvement.
- Proactively communicate design changes to supply base and agree implementation and time-scales accordingly.
- Preparation and communication of build data packs, BOM’s, Drawings & work instructions to
- Take responsibility for change control/ concessions within category and remit, communicating the effectively with the suppliers.
- Visiting suppliers as part of a multifunctional team, to support the application of new designs or problem resolution.
- Supporting with the development of ERP system against Procurement requirements
- Source new and alternative sources as necessary following new supplier guidelines
- Experience supporting procurement activities within any of the following categories:
- Custom CNC, milled and turned ultra-high-precision aluminium products within both the UK and overseas;
- Design & Manufacturing knowledge of Metal-Injection-Moulding
- Complex electro-mechanical sub-assemblies (Robotic Sub-Assemblies a bonus) with experience of transferring sub-assemblies to the vendor
- High-tech products which include advanced Control, Sensing, Ethernet electronics / electrical engineering
- Large (low volume) and small (high volume) plastic injection moulded parts
- A good understanding of technical terms with respect to any of the above, to enable confident communication with suppliers and internal engineering
- Strong organisation and negotiation skills
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Additional professional qualification highly desirable (CIPS)
- A self-motivated and customer focused approach
- A flexible, responsive approach and mindset to work productively in a busy environment
- Proven decision-making experience
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK