- Leveraging systems engineering skills to map system level requirements to sub-system/component behaviours in order to: Define requirement/test specifications for processes ranging from sub-assembly to system level tests and commissioning, and Facilitate implementation of design changes and subsequent process changes
- Honing the reliability and manufacturability of the system by identifying opportunities for upstream process improvements and product design changes
- Analysing recurring issues throughout the production process and gaining deeper insights into failure modes
- Delivering improvement initiatives including metrics for robust reporting and monitoring of efficacy of improvement projects
- Working closely with technical teams across the company, ranging from R&D through to the Field Service Engineering teams to feedback on technical issues and ensure internal customer satisfaction
- We’d expect you to have a degree in engineering, physics or a related discipline and a proven track record of applying your cross-disciplinary systems engineering skills in a product development and/or manufacturing environment. We would like you to have:
- Experience in the design, manufacturing or field support of safety critical systems within a highly regulated industry
- A persistent problem-solving mindset to engage in investigation of complex electro-mechanical assembly
- Excellent communication skills, ranging from the ability to present to audiences of varying technical interest to authoring high quality technical documentation
- Ability to relate highly technical software and electronics details to general physics and engineering principles, to create scalable and fault resilient manufacturing processes
- Good working knowledge of risk management
- Desire to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment, interfacing with teams across the company, from embedded software, mechanical and manufacturing engineers, to service and support, data and quality departments
- Be excited by the opportunity to help develop and support team members and the chance to help shape and grow our team
- Demonstrable interests in any combination of: software, electronics and mechanics
- Experience in leading technical teams in a project management capacity
- Be comfortable with processing log files, database contents, ElasticSearch, SQL
- Able to read and understand Python, in addition to using source control
- Experience of JIRA or other agile project management tools
- An appreciation of the operational aspects of working in a Production environment.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK