Supplier Quality Engineer –
- Maintaining good relationships with Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing, and R&D departments
- Assuring consistent supplier performance & assisting in the development & implementation of supplier management programmes
- Creating or assisting in supplier risk assessments and identifying areas which are critical to quality
- Assess suppliers either remotely or on site. Being a certified Lead Auditor (ISO-13485:2016 preferably) is an advantage
- Monitoring supplier performance and addressing issues when they arise.
- Either lead or monitor investigations where necessary. Demonstrable experience in root cause analysis is an advantage.
- Facilitating corrective action and preventive actions aimed at addressing supplier quality issues, this includes ensuring appropriate investigations associated with product, supplier performance, and complaints
- Facilitating RoHS and REACH compliance
- Generating, reviewing and approving of supplier quality-related support documentation
- Reporting supplier performance and quality to management
- Support with maintaining Approved Supplier List
- Experience in facilitating the negotiation process and the completion of quality agreement with suppliers is an advantage
- Reviewing supplier component documentation including 8Ds, dimensional and material reports for sign off acceptance.
- Working with Supply Chain and suppliers to facilitate New Product Introduction to include witnessing production component readiness i.e. Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification and Performance Qualification runs’
We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the Quality remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition we’d like you to have:
- A thorough understanding of Quality Management Systems (ideally the requirements of ISO13485 and FDA 21 CFR part 820)
- Ability to work with suppliers, driving part/s quality improvement projects.
- Experience of PPAP, ISIR, FAIR, Validation process etc… would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of RoHS and REACH requirements
- Working within the medical device industry ideally with mechanical, electronic or electrochemical technologies
- Practical knowledge & experience in a range of quality techniques, methods and tools, particularly root cause analysis
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so we collectively deliver quality objectives.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK