Solid Fuel Test Engineer
- A degree/HNC/HND in Chemistry, Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or Physics or substantial equivalent industrial experience, in addition to showing an interest in the energy market and making an active contribution towards developing a low carbon future for the UK.
- Experience of working for a solid fuel appliance manufacturer, or in a university combustion/chemical engineering department
- Technical individuals who are already experienced in appliance test or development work and are looking to broaden their horizons to test a wider range of appliances
- A person who can demonstrate a keen intelligence, worth ethic, and collegiate approach towards working as part of a team.
- An appreciation of safety and quality is essential and the person must have a keen interest in helping clients to make improvements in these areas.
- Individuals who are practical and enjoy solving complex hands-on problems and technically difficult challenges would gain much satisfaction and excel within our technical and laboratory-based teams.
- Preparation of project scope, pre-calculations and quotations in collaboration with the Business Development Manager and the Solid Fuel Team Lead.
- Work independently and in collaboration with the Solid Fuel Team Lead and other team members to ensure that client expectations are met within agreed project deadlines and budgets.
- Training and assessment of Solid Fuel Appliance Test Technicians and Trainee Solid Fuel Appliance Test Technicians in accordance with (UKAS accredited) quality system, competency framework and the relevant test standards.
- Risk assessment and the writing of method statements relating to the preparation and testing of fuels, safe operation of appliances and lab test work plus analysis of laboratory test data, preparation of results sheets and laboratory test reports.
Demonstrable practical knowledge of the following areas:
- The physical and chemical properties of fuels and their combustion products
- UK Regulations such as the Construction Products Regulations, 2020 and EcoDesign of Energy Consuming Products Regulations, 2010
- The BS EN standards relating to domestic boilers, cookers and fires and commercial catering and heating appliances.
- The process for CE/UKCA marking
- Experimental test work.
- Free onsite parking
- Hybrid Working
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Hours and location depending on BU
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced pension
- EAP – Free, independent Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential information, support, advice and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Working for a leading organisation that supports internal progression and promotion
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK