- Make specific contributions and manage tasks as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team
- Architect and code software which is suitable for use in an invasive medical device and is compliant with the relevant medical device standards
- Follow best practice for software development
- Develop and implement creative solutions based on different technologies and key requirements
- Write complex technical design documentation and test protocols
- Collaborate with electronics & mechanical engineers to understand software requirements
- You’ll have a 2.1 or above in a computer science degree, relevant engineering, mathematics, or science discipline, and can combine this with a few years’ experience in software product development
- You’ll be able to demonstrate strong software development skills and be the kind of person who is determined to develop software to the highest standards within agreed timescales.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent problem-solving skills demonstrated throughout the design process
- Knowledge of software development best practices and designing software for testability
- Good communication skills
- Passion for software craftmanship and drive to continually learn new skills
- Desirable Skills and Experience
- Developing real time embedded systems in C using both bare metal and RTOS architectures
- Exposure to software development for high reliability systems (E.g. IEC 62304, IEC 61508, ISO 26262)
- Experience of working with Agile development methodologies
- Experience of working to specific coding standards for safety, such as MISRA C
- Development of software with unit tests for regression testing
- Experience of working with continuous integration systems for automated build and testing
- Familiarity with a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Comfortable reading electronics schematics and debugging software on target hardware
- Developing software and algorithms for robotic technologies
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK