- Overall responsibility for the manufacturing site, being the “responsible” person onsite
- Accountability for overall site performance, including:
- Safety, health & environment (HSE)
- Production performance
- On-Time-In-Full (OTF) performance
- Cost management
- Team development
- Budget & Cost control
- Delivery of the annual ECS Program
- Promoting a “Safety First” Culture by ensuring that the site is meeting appropriate HSE standards and is legally compliant. Encouraging all personnel to follow HSE responsibilities, supporting HSE improvement initiatives and striving for zero accidents
- Setting and delivering the production plan to achieve targets
- Analysing capacity within production and implementing actions to maximize productive capacity and efficiency. Directing productivity improvement programs, embracing and driving a lean/CI culture
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement within manufacturing. Coordinating all continuous improvement activities and employee development/training. Exhibiting a ‘hands on’, practical approach driven by results, including identification & submission of Capex projects in both tooling & equipment.
- Focusing on waste reduction & the eradication of non-value added activities. Developing and acting upon plans to facilitate process improvement, achieving and exceeding run rates. Monitoring & improving cost-productivity measures & driving year-on-year cost reductions through improved efficiencies & performance
- Supporting, coaching and developing the management & supervisory team in all aspects of their roles to engender a dynamic working environment
- Participating in price discussions with commercial teams to ensure optimisation of Gross Margin on existing and tendered business
- Essentially this is a key leadership function in the business, with the opportunity to make a significant impact – contributing to strategy, optimising operations and leading an engaged team.
- Engineering degree highly advantageous: e.g. mechanical, electrical, manufacturing
- Site operations lead of 300+ staff
- Supervisory management in injection moulding, or similar high volume production environment
- Experience of working in a multi-site manufacturing company
- Strong background in operations in a similar industry, with a demonstrated ability to learn a new industry quickly, would also be of interest
- Familiarity and belief in ‘Manufacturing Excellence’ principles
- P&L or financial budget management
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to assess risk and determine the path forward to minimize business impact
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others, by developing working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Strong management principles and excellent leadership skills, including previous success with supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to manage & balance competing multiple priorities and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK