- Have the ability to own and drive the production agenda by inspiring and leading a team of Circa 5 Direct Reports and up to 15 secondary reports to maximize market share ambitions and the overall performance of the quality engineering business in the company.
- The General Manager will be the interface with site operations personnel and UK Managing Director, Company Operations Director and any other Group function involved in product delivery or process improvements.
- A key part of the role will be identifying opportunities to grow our business across all channels including 3rd Parties and Intercompany. Act as decision maker for quality and customer delivery aspects, and control financial spend across the site in conjunction with the UK management Team and the Group functions.
- Support the ongoing delivery of colleague wellbeing, health and safety through effective line manager business partnering
- In addition, development of the teams to ensure that talent pipelines are created and maintained, developing the diversity of the team and also understanding the needs of those who join both externally and from partners businesses to deliver excellent annual people processes with and through the Line Managers – one to ones, biannual appraisals, bonus and pay calibration and development of targets for the following years.
- Through a team of Line Managers and technical specialists –
- Ideally, Sound technical understanding of Plastic injection Moulding processes, Digital printing processes, Pad and Screen-printing processes.
- Essentially, Sound proven commercial and operational management experience.
- Create and deliver a robust business growth strategy in discussion and collaboration with the team and explore market diversification opportunities for the installed manufacturing processes.
- Control and manage financial spend across the relevant departments
- Ensure all quality standards are met by the team and are auditable.
- Work with the Sales & Project teams to ensure on-time delivery of new projects
- Lead, Inspire and coach the team to execute and deliver the plans and to ensure customer service is delivered to a high standard
- Complete one to ones with the team and biannual appraisal, giving feedback and relevant coaching
- Build the resourcing and capability plans for the team of direct reports and technical staff
- Influence strategy on what it takes to win in the marketplace across the external collaborative relationships
- Some experience of working within an ERP based manufacturing System (Ideally MS Dynamics 365)
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Strong leadership skills with evidence of daily role modelling of desired outcomes
- Open minded, pragmatic, and flexible approach
- Excellent computer literacy – Excel, PowerPoint, Word with Teams experience desired
- Tenacity to overcome adversities in the day-to-day operations.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK