Shift Team Leader
- Ensure new operators receive proper training taking into account experience and confidence levels.
- Promote good quality, safety, and waste reduction. Suggest and action improvement ideas, whilst promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Arrange improvement team meetings and brainstorming sessions, if and when required.
- Plan shifts in accordance with schedules, resources available and to priorities set by CST, ensuring your assistants are trained so the shift can run equally well in your absence.
- Monitor welfare of your staff and enforce company rules.
- Monitor performance of all who report to you, taking action to rectify inadequacies.
- Monitor staffing levels in relation to Work in Progress and inform Operations Manager (with supporting evidence) when change is required.
- Deal with matters of discipline as per company procedure.
- Ensure all relevant company documents are completed accurately. Modifying and introducing new documentation as required.
- Follow and audit all quality procedures to establish their effectiveness.
- Ensure all reporting to you receives adequate training to allow them to do their job properly, ensuring enough people are trained to do each job. Including updating your own skills as required.
- Ensure all systems and methods are effectively used on shift. Promote improving communication between shifts and other departments.
- Hold toolbox talks on a weekly basis with your team.
- Make the best use of labour, machines and material.
- Promote and introduce cost saving ideas.
- Be competent in troubleshooting machines, ancillary equipment and processes.
- Be capable of insert changing/colour changing and other relevant skills to keeping the moulding machines running.
- Make recommendations for repairs / maintenance of tools in writing.
- Be capable of reading component and tool drawings.
- Organise overtime (when required) ensuring that staff can fulfil their duties.
- Ensure that appropriate personnel to supervise and troubleshoot are used for any weekend work.
- Must be capable of working within a set budget.
- Promote good housekeeping standards at all times and ensure that 5S systems in place and standard sustained.
- Maintain training records and ensure evidence sent to HR to ensure records are up to date.
- Be responsible for your Setting team and ensure that they adhere to all relevant procedures, complete all production and quality documentation, “first off” safety checks, housekeeping and that they are working at the required work rate and to the priorities set.
- Be responsible for shutdown of the factory in a safe manner at the end of the working week, ensuring the site is secure and the alarm is set.
- Supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good communication skills
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK