- Ensure operators work safely in accordance to site safety and environmental procedures and safe systems of work, carrying out audits as required and promote best practice.
- Ensure that all staff work to current BRC & ISO standards on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all KPI’s are monitored and updated on a daily basis
- Promote and maintain housekeeping standards in all areas of the business to ensure that high standards are maintained.
- Conduct quality checks and monitor product quality to ensure it meets specified standards, including its packaging.
- Liaise with QA to investigate non-confirming material and suggest recommendations on preventative measures.
- Work with Planning and sales to co-ordinate, monitor and complete product trials.
- Monitor and manage line output rates, utilisation, scrap levels, quality issues and yield against the production plan, reporting any issues and recommendations to the Print Manager.
- Complete shift reports with all requested information and ensure a good handover of information at each shift changeover.
- Lead, motivate and monitor the training of new starters and operators in order to meet production targets, ensuring all training is recorded and updated regularly.
- Organise, manage and monitor shift labour in line with the production plan in a cost-effective manner, ensuring shift labour numbers are met as per site guidelines.
- Manage and monitor absenteeism / holiday requests, referring to Company guidelines, procedures and documentation.
- Carry out disciplinary investigations and hearings as per the Company Disciplinary Procedure, liaising with HR/QA for advice and guidance.
- Lead by example, imparting a positive attitude towards the job, other employees and the Company.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous management / supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment in either a supervisory or management capacity, an understanding of Print and Further process is desirable, however, training can and will be provided in these areas.
Excellent people management skills and the ability to make sound objective decisions with minimal supervision is key to the role.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK