Shift Maintenance Engineer 24/7
- During maintenance incidents, you will effectively engage problem solving and lean manufacturing techniques. Identifying the true root cause of the issue – and implement the corrective actions. Wider, we will drive improvements across the maintenance team to improve efficiency, hold high standards of 5S, eliminating or reducing waste and/or non-value add activities. This gives you the opportunity to actively participating in upgrading and improving equipment or engaging in projects.
- The team will complete important documentation, including highlighting errors or bad practices and making suggestions for improvements. Leading the progression of documentation (e.g. Change Controls, Validation documents, etc) through to completion.
- Utilising external resource where appropriate, you will acquire services/components. Generating, completing (with approvals) the appropriate documentation (e.g. Purchase Orders, spares requests, quotations, etc).
- You will have awareness of, and control spares in an efficient manner.
- Holding accountability and responsibility for ensuring all personal activities are reliably closed on time, against agreed targets (e.g. PPM, Deviations, Change Controls, Training, etc). Where required, you will complete training to ensure a current aseptic license is kept up to date.
- You will write clear and accurate maintenance instructions. Where appropriate you will assist with the organising and delivering of training and / or instruction of engineering and non-engineering staff.
- On occasion, providing cover for team members, including Technical Specialists and Engineering Coordinators as defined (e.g., point of contact).
- For this role is it important to understand emergency procedures and follow safe systems of work. There is an expectation you will ensure compliance with EHS and security policies and procedures, rules, signage and instructions at all times. In addition, you will conduct timely reporting and support investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
- We are searching for a multi-skilled engineer with a good understanding of electrical control and automated systems
- A standard of technical skills of HND level or higher and the ability to demonstrate your expertise of working within a manufacturing environment.
- As a proactive and logical person, you can use problem solving, utilising the companies lean philosophies.
- The ability to work to critical timelines and effective interpersonal skills are key to high level performance in this position.
- As we work within a GMP environment, alignment to these standards is critical.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK