- Drive behavioural based safety throughout the plant, ensure and take ownership of key actions that relate to operational safety within the department.
- Setting of all packing machines and Boxmaker. Changing over to different size bag, changing of ribbons, setting of printers, printing of labels
- Setting of Checkweigh machines and all scales.
- Issuing employees with work, ensuring paperwork is issued to the correct Production order
- Raising STO transfer orders, checking all information is correct before despatch
- Checking the quality and output from packing machines ensuring machine are run to the optimized speeds to the expected output.
- Control movement of work before and after completion to the next stage of the manufacturing process.
- Be involved and assist management in Incident Investigations, follow up on actions, look for route cause (five whys) analysis – ensuring that all processes are safe.
- Take part in the DSUM ensuring all metrics are relevant and have targets that ensure problem solving, machine utilisation, RFT, Changeover reduction, output, OTIF and near miss reporting
- Monitor and book in all incoming batches, by entering correct information onto the white boards.
- To investigate and suggest process changes to maximise output.
- Liaise with other shifts to ensure a smooth and effective changeover.
- Maintain standards of quality in line with Company procedures and ensure product integrity.
- Investigate quality root cause analysis to reduce rejects/scrap and improve process.
- Improve processes by establishing robust setting guides and instructions to ensure repeatability of the quality standard.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are applied at all times.
- Assist with systems introductions, processes and improvements to help execute works orders completion using the most efficient route and ensure the team are fully aligned to the process.
- Train and create operation and setting procedures operators in the Company procedures and all packing requirements.
- Ensure all staff, including themselves work to Health & Safety requirements expected within the department and Company.
- Fulfil all other reasonable and legitimate instructions that are considered to be a function of your department and within the scope of your skills and capabilities.
- Comply with all current work instructions within the organisation.
- Comply fully with all current health, safety & environmental regulations in operation within the company whilst carrying out your duties.
- Carry out any reasonable task which falls within your capabilities.
- Carry out any reasonable management request.
- Candidates must have experience setting and operating bagging/production machinery
- Applicants who have experience programming machinery will be preferred
- Must have prior experience working within a fast paced, high volume production environment
- Must have drive and determination to acquire new skills and learn new processes
- Mechanical engineering knowledge is desired.
- Knowledge of HSE processes and standards.
- Extensive manufacturing experience.
- Technical understanding.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and understanding of continuous improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of SAP and scheduling systems.
- The chance to be part of a dynamic and collaborative team
- A competitive salary and 25-31 days holiday
- Flexible holiday buy/sell scheme
- Recognition and reward scheme
- Internal and external learning and development
- Subsidised Café
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK