As Service & Support Engineer, you will contribute directly towards improving patient outcomes and delivering value for healthcare providers by ensuring that field service processes and procedures are in place to ensure the highest standard of servicing.
A key aspect of working in the Global Services team is to develop initiatives and processes that ensure field service activity can scale sustainably worldwide. You will be supporting the field service teams in the field to deliver and expand their servicing capability, that both delight the customer and ensure high quality is maintained in the product.
You’ll be a key contributor in delighting customers through developing and improving the way in which we provide service engineering and case support to our customers. You will work with subject matter experts and external vendors to ensure world class service is delivered for all customers globally.
- Develop and improve key field service processes and methods
- Identify and lead new initiatives to improve how we work in the field and support internal customers
- Collaborate with all the teams within Customer Success to ensure world class service is delivered
- Provide support to the field service engineers and escalate where necessary
- Provide clear and useful reporting on project and operational work
- Ensure ‘design for service’ requirements are fed into the wider business
- Manage the onboarding of a third-party service organisation
- Contribute to the risk management and technical documentation required for field service
- Support junior members of the Global Services team
- We’re a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We’d expect you to be adaptable and willing to travel to support the scaling of the business.
You will be an experienced engineer with an understanding of the needs of servicing for a medical device and equipment working in a clinical setting. You will thrive in dynamic environments, developing creative solutions to the challenges that come with rapidly expanding servicing operations around the world. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, having built effective means to manage pressure while keeping your focus on the people around you.
You will have:
- A technical degree or equivalent qualifications
- A good understanding of process development and improvement
- The ability to solve complex problems and run root cause analysis
- An appreciation of the wider business considerations and priorities of an operational environment
- Experience implementing new processes or tools into an operational environment
- Excellent collaboration skills across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent communications with internal and external customers, and third parties
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Experience of risk management in a highly regulated environment
- A customer-focussed mindset
- Experience of information governance and security in hospital environments
In addition, it is desirable for you to have experience of any of the following:
- Experience of a customer-facing role
- Experience working with third-party organisations
- Operational excellence training (Six Sigma, Lean Management)
- Experience working in hospitals or with medical professionals
- Experience with ISO 13485:2016 or ISO 14971:2019
- Experience working with people with different languages and cultures
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK