- Ensuring the wellbeing of those you are responsible for, highlighting concerns and raising praise to management as required.
- Experience with machinery installation and servicing across the UK
- Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation, creating an increased appreciation of the work undertaken benefiting the working environment and business.
- Conduct personnel reviews, personal development plans, and other reports on staff you are responsible for.
- Manage and support engineers job schedule efficiently. Including audits on documentation ensuring engineers are safe on the job, courtesy visits to site will also be required, allowing for better relations with customers and interaction with service engineers in person.
- Visit key customer sites to improve relations and give service advice.
- Manage 24/7 call out and to attend site if required to support engineers on call.
- Direct and assist Service co-ordinator in providing service excellence to our customers.
- Organise equipment required for Service Engineers job role, conduct reviews of vehicle stocks.
- Manage change documentation and creating standard Risk Assessments, ensuring all certificates have been produced and provided to the customer and engineers as required for smooth operations.
- Provide and organise service training to engineers when required and serve as a mentor to the team.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes if required.
- Interview candidates with the Technical Manager and hire resources as required to benefit the service team, including Contractors.
- Carry out health and safety audits regularly on site (customer) of service engineers.
- Check Engineers Work Sheets and maintain records on Microsoft Dynamics NAV and CRM.
- Directing of quotes to customers.
- Create manage and continually improve the breakdown call out working methods.
- Formal engineering qualification.
- Management training and experience.
- Current driving licence without disqualification, and UK/EU Passport.
- Previous administration, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Health & Safety qualification or experience.
- Similar role or level of responsibility for a minimum of 2 years with customer facing dialogue experience
- Excellent communication, oral and written skills, English fluency is essential.
- Team spirit and a desire to make the role their own, recommending and implementing changes to better the role and business.
- Customer focused and be astute and able to work within a busy department and be motivated to deliver on the company’s high standards.
- Must be able to multi-task, communicate effectively and provide the highest level of service to internal and external customers.
- Understand how to troubleshoot problems efficiently, ability to understand and manage engineers and
- customers’ expectations when giving technical support.
- Managing remote working personnel to a professional level.
- Working as part of a team on site.
- Communicate effectively with the business and customers, presenting new service development and ideas.
- Excellent ICT skills and use of Microsoft Office, Ability to adapt to bespoke in house system
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK