Lead Service Engineer
Brief role description:
We are supporting our client who are an industry leading specialist within their field of work, for a Lead Service Engineer.
Relevant Job Titles:
Service Engineer, Service Technician, Field Service Engineer, Installation Engineer, Maintenance Engineer
You would be part of a team that delivers the high level of technical support expected by the company across all industries. The company asks that you are honest, hardworking and independent in your drive to succeed and contribute to a vision which delivers advanced solutions cost effectively with a great attitude. Take this exciting opportunity to join a close team who enjoy the challenges of staying at the front end of innovation and customer service in this established company. A sense of humour is obligatory!
This is a genuinely great opportunity for a dynamic, career minded engineer looking for a career advancement.
Responsible to: Service Manager
Responsible for (subordinates): N/a
Working Hours: 40 + additional hours as and when required
C&G Electrical Engineering / Electromechanical Engineering (or similar).
Must hold a current Full UK driving licence.
- Detailed understanding of electrical controls Inc. good understanding of PLC/Automation
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Methodical approach and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi task under pressure.
- General desire to improve own skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personnel skills – the ability to communicate technical information (Inc. to people who are not familiar with engineering terms).
- Customer focused communication, coordination and service.
- Self-sufficient and forward thinking.
- Technical report writing (structured clear communication of problems, solutions and improvements)
- Excellent mechanical, electrical, & fault finding repair skills
- Ability to read electrical & mechanical schematics
- Extensive IT Experience including Office 365.
- Time management will be a key factor within this role.
Not essential but advantageous:
- Knowledge of various equipment used within the Plastics Industry
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pneumatic conveying and mechanical handling systems experience.
- Plastics Industry background/Materials handling
- Project management/MS project
- MS office
- MS Dynamics CRM
- MS Navision
- 3 phase power knowledge
- IPAF qualified
- 18th edition
Nationwide Lead Service Engineer — Work entails, hands on engineering, meeting customer expectations, management of installations, commissioning, training, and support of various automation equipment at customer sites, using departmental engineers.
- The Lead Engineer will be very hands on and coordinating installations, service and breakdown tasks through to training and commissioning at customers sites and in house, as well as covering a 1 week in 7 rotations for our 24/7 support service.
- Co-ordinating work required for other engineers within the department.
- As a small family type business, we are looking for extremely dedicated team players who strive for improvement and want to contribute to the success of our business.
- Individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic, and proactive in finding solutions to problems even beyond what’s in front of them will be well suited to this role and our future vison.
- Individuals who say, “I’ve always done it that way” should not apply for this role.
- Flexibility to work from home or office depending on requirements from project management responsibilities – 1 to 2 days average per week.
- Engineer will be provided with a Van, Laptop, tablet and mobile phone.
- Assist sales and technical teams when requested for innovation to contribute towards a given project.
- Generate dynamic RAMs on site.
- Install and service equipment, commission, and train customer to high standards.
- Write detailed reports to communicate site or supplier issues and potential improvements.
- Support the service department if requested with breakdown situations – Diagnose faults and rectify.
- Maintain strong customer relationships for regional sites Inc. courtesy visits with or without sales engineers
- Reporting – Weekly & Daily on all work carried out.
- Updating of CRM project management system for all responsible projects.
- Balancing on site personal engineering time commitments with essential project management requirements.
- On-Call – Weekly rotation of out-of-hours 24/7 service support.
- Manage and communicate with your Service Manager your calendar.
- Extensive travel, 20-30k miles per year.
- Overseas travel for training.