- Coordinate installation technical service and on occasions to provide product training to clients and more junior technicians on all machinery.
- Extensive travel to client premises required
- Devise control systems to monitor both electrical/electronic and mechanical faults
- Establish techniques to improve quality, durability and machine performance
- Evaluate service and application problems that can occur on-site where necessary
- Examine and advise customer regarding equipment malfunction and service issues
- Communicate with customer and internal management regarding technical analysis and determination
- Carry out calibration of machine tool and generator setting for NADCAP audits
- Technical telephone support to the customer involving first-line application problems
- Repair or modify P.C. boards / carry out software updates
- Document all work done in a legible and technically sound manner
- Relevant City & Guilds qualifications / HNC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Expertise in electrical/electronic practises and experience in pneumatics and hydraulics;
- Excellent IT skills for networking, software updates and reporting;
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to maintain integrity and ethics in all conversations and actions with customers;
- Self-motivated, able to work with no supervision and to calmly handle stressful situations to deal with customer requirements and technical issues;
- Possess technical curiosity and ability to diagnose and solve production issues;
- Detail-oriented and able to get work completed in a manufacturing environment;
- Must be willing to spend on average 1 night per week in hotel accommodation;
- Be a team player and have a flexible attitude towards working overtime when required;
- Good technical communication skills beneficial in order to liaise with head office engineers and less experienced technicians.
- Ability to produce technical reports.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK