Senior Systems Test Engineer – Responsibilities:
You will provide technical input into all verification activities, helping to develop new verification procedures, deriving and executing technical investigations, and ensuring the resultant reports are compliant to regulatory standards. Your collaborative nature and practical approach will enable you to positively manage a range of activities, to ensure successful outcomes are achieved, and innovations embraced.
As an experienced Systems Test Engineer, you are able to demonstrate your ability to lead a small technical team and ensure testing activities are completed within project timescales. This is a hands-on role and will require electromechanical testing experience within a regulated environment.
In addition, your responsibilities will include:
- Definition and execution of test protocols from system, user and risk related requirements
- Creation of bespoke test environments and rigs (software, hardware or combination of both)
- Contribution to the overall compliance of the system, and identification of gaps (including documentation)
- Understanding the impact on system level behaviour as a result of design changes, and ensuring this is fully verified and documented
- Technical oversight of a small technical team of test engineers
- Monitoring and reporting test progress to the Task Manager
- Developing process improvements to streamline test activities, including test script development
- Training and mentoring junior test engineers
- Creating test plans and schedules for testing activities coming into the group
With a solid technical testing background, you will have experience of leading small technical teams, with a practical knowledge of verifying complex systems including SW, Electronics and Mechanical elements (ideally within the Medical Device industry). We would also expect you to have an inquisitive nature, high attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills. In addition, you should have:
- Experience of verifying complex electromechanical systems in a regulated environment
- Experience of creating test protocols from system and sub-system level requirements (core and derived)
- Experience of creating detailed technical reports that meet regulatory standards
- Experience of defining and creating system test solutions incorporating software, electronics and mechanics
- Experience of scripting in Python
- Exposure to Device Risk Management
- Experience of leading small technical teams
- A degree (at least 2.1) in Engineering, Physics or other technical discipline
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Robotics, specifically dynamics, kinematics, simulation and control
- Verification of Medical Devices
- Experience with C programming and Matlab
- Familiarity with medical devices standards and certification (FDA / MDR / ISO)
- Familiarity with Requirement Management tools
- Experience with HAST/HALT and environmental testing an advantage
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK