Senior Supplier Development Engineer – The Role:
Due to sustained continued expansion, the business now requires a Senior Supplier Development Engineer to work with design groups to encourage Design to Cost is adequately considered as part of the design process. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with suppliers and design groups to facilitate smooth and speedy completion of DFM /exchanges
- Design roll out, including equipment/process qualification for volume production
- Supplier process development to improve quality & consistency and reduce cost
- Sourcing and reviewing potential new component/assembly suppliers
The Person: Candidates suitable for consideration should be able to provide evidence of the following:
- A Degree/HND in Engineering or be a Time Served Engineer with relevant experience.
- A knowledge/understanding of engineering concepts such as Design for manufacture, pre-production, industrial engineering, purchasing and procurement processes, integration, cost effectiveness, quality, and readiness for production
- Previous experience of working within Medical Device (ISO13485) experience (desirable)
You will be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills both written and oral, be computer literate, and able to work as part of a team.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK