Senior Software Engineer
- In this role, you’ll plan, coordinate, and develop robotic technology for use in keyhole surgery. Capable of coupling rigorous attention to detail with a creative approach to problem solving, you’ll work as a lead member of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as:
- Architect and code high quality software which is suitable for use in an invasive medical device and is compliant with the relevant medical device standards
- Apply best practice for software development and mentor less experienced employees in this area
- Develop and implement creative solutions based on different technologies and key requirements
- Plan and deliver project tasks within agreed timescales and budget
- Write complex technical design documentation and test protocols
- As well as a 2.1 or above in a computer science degree, relevant engineering, mathematics, or science discipline, with significant experience in developing software for complex systems, you’ll have a track record in a technical leadership role and be able and determined to deliver projects within agreed timescales.
- You will bring excellent problem-solving skills demonstrated throughout the design process, and proven experience of software development best practices for ensuring code quality and testability.
Experience of or skill in:
- Architecting and coding real time embedded systems in C using both bare metal and RTOS architectures
- Design, implementation, and testing of software development for high reliability systems (E.g. IEC 62304, IEC 61508 or ISO 26262)
- Working within an Agile management framework
- Working to specific coding standards for safety, such as MISRA C, and of using static code analysis tools
- Verification of software systems against requirements
- Managing continuous integration systems for automated build and regression testing
- Scripting languages, especially Python
- Reading electronics schematics and debugging software on target hardware
- Developing software and algorithms for robotic technologies
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK