Senior Software Engineer
Lead software development – required to lead the design and development of software solutions that optimise internal business processes and factory automation systems. Will be required to work as part of a multi-disciplined DevOps and Engineering team to manage the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring high levels of focus and responsibility for software security, functionality, applied technology, and scalability, with awareness of the cost of ownership. In some cases, software applications will be developed as a commercial offering or integrated as a broader customer-specific automation solution. Responsibility for change management and documentation are also crucial parts of the role.
Lead latest software innovations – spend significant time researching and self-learning the latest software technologies and approaches that will continue to support and direct our software development strategy. As a subject specialist actively engage with leading technology companies and institutes to understand trends that can support strategy development.
- Must have the ability to operate as a technical expert and be able to apply an analytical and innovative approach to solving complex technical problems.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and a strong team worker.
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills, with the ability to be self-managing and work to tight deadlines.
- Degree level qualified within a Computer Science, Electronics or Software Engineering field is preferred.
- Ideally at least 2 years proven ability within a similar role, ideally with knowledge and experience of software development.
- Must be committed to own CPD to update on technical and professional expertise.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK