As Senior Research Engineer (Mechatronics), You’ll primarily be designing and delivering test rigs and innovative proof of concept solutions to evaluate potential technologies or concepts for use in robotics. In addition, we expect that you’ll assist the team with researching, evaluating and documenting such technologies. This will comprise the full range of technologies necessary to develop a complex mechatronic medical device.
Examples may include:
- 3D Imaging systems and displays
- Surgical instruments
- Realtime robotic control systems
- User interfaces and haptic feedback
- Sensors and data analytics
Naturally you’ll have a strong understanding of mechanical, and electrical engineering fundamentals, with several years’ experience of designing and delivering innovative electromechanical devices for research applications. Of course, you’ll also be a great team player and as keen as we are to work to the highest standards.
You’ll also have:
- A broad engineering or technical background
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Experience of designing and procuring custom mechanical and electrical assemblies (including custom PCBs and cable assemblies) particularly using SolidWorks and Altium
- Experience of creating and reading complex electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Critical review of academic literature
- Practical experience of a range of low volume manufacturing methods
- Familiarity with a range of laboratory equipment for experimental analysis
- The ability to produce clear and concise documentation
It would be an advantage if you also had experience in some of:
- Managing complex development projects
- Designing programmable logic such as FPGAs and CPLDs
- Embedded software development and scripting languages (e.g. C and Python)
- Data analysis and evaluation
- Hands on electronics and mechanical work
- Managing and working with external partners
- Risk management for complex devices
- Medical device development and/or the medical industry
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK