Senior Quality Engineer – Job Overview:
Our client has retained our services to search for a Senior Quality Engineer, responsible for reducing waste and driving new processes.
The Senior Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for the development and implementation of quality management systems and procedures. Through collection and analysis of KPI data, the QE will recommend corrective action or process change to address the root cause. The QE will assist with the development of the LEAN/CI culture, continually looking to reduce waste and drive new processes.
The main purpose of the QE is to ensure the continuous production and inspection of products. The QE sets the standards for Quality and processes with managers across the Company to ensure those standards are met. The QE will continuously review KPI’s for quality and production to check that current standards are appropriate to maintain excellent QDC.
- To ensure production failures are investigated and rectified with minimal disruption to production.
- To liaise with Production and R&D to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- To determine the areas of improvement and document them.
- To inspect, sample and test the entire production process ensuring quality of products meets required standards.
- To review existing policies and develop new plans to improve the existing quality system.
- To review and assess the effectiveness of changes made.
- To ensure quality audit standards, internal and external, are met.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop assembly flow lines and material handling concepts.
- To reduce the defect measure parts count by an agreed monthly target.
- To work with the engineering/R&D team to achieve agreed target.
- To compile and maintain the Quality Manual for the Company and continually strive to ensure that accreditation requirements are exceeded.
- Monitor Vendors and implement rating system.
- Monitor OTIF-Work with Operations to ensure continual improvement.
- To compile the Quality Policy and Procedures.
- To compile and maintain the training matrix for all members of staff.
- To organise the calibration and maintain all calibrated equipment.
- To ensure internal and external audits are completed and passed.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to filter key points from complex details and develop plans accordingly.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Be familiar with the methodologies, tools and concepts of quality management.
- Possess a good level of customer facing skills.
- Have good knowledge of ISO 9001 2015.
- Ability to program and measure new and existing products using CMM equipment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Degree qualified in a mechanical or engineering subject or scientific discipline.
Relevant Job Titles:
Senior Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, Quality Engineer
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with one of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you:
- 01905 947 400
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions. If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Willcox Matthews Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Willcox Matthews Ltd will require proof of identification.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK