Senior Project Engineer
- Project manage new enquiries to the site by managing the process from initial brief to justification and costing.
- Lead the Technical implementation team to drive all projects to a successful conclusion and ensure all Production expectations are met.
- Project manage key factory improvement projects with regular contact with both internal teams and external suppliers
- Manage the site Automation engineers to successful implement new technologies into the site.
- Assist in writing capex proposals ready for submission.
- Control of project’s capex budget.
- Monitor all projects and build a picture of why projects were won/lost including lessons learnt and implementation improvement actions.
- Coordinate and manage technical trials and requests.
- Assist the sales team with technical support to customer enquiries.
- Foster relationships with the R+D departments of our suppliers, customers, and CPI groups.
- Take responsibility for your own and your departments Health & Safety.
- Report any Health & Safety breaches witnessed or concerns regarding unsafe practices to site management.
- Responsible for handling equipment back in a safe and hygienic state.
- To be flexible setting a good example to colleagues and assist other staff and departments when required.
- Maintain good communication links/working relationships within the department.
- HNC / Degree educated, with a good practical knowledge of how Injection moulding scientific process works.
- Previous injection moulding experience.
- Experience of leading and participating in continuous improvement initiatives
- Hands on pragmatic style and ability to influence at all levels
- Skilled communicator and motivator
- Comfortable with speaking up within a pier group when required.
- Strong team worker.
- Flexibility and Prioritisation of tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Driving Licence
- Willingness to travel
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK