Senior Product Engineer
Primarily responsible to the Project Team to assure total support and management of the program within the functional area of Product Engineering. Secondarily responsibility to the functional (Product Engineering) department to observe all policies and procedures for that functional area to participate in the continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Coordinates and follows product engineering responsibilities from design concept, through Prototype build, pilot, production, and life of the program.
- Provide feasibility input to support Studio Design & Package Requirements.
- Champion, support and participate in Design and Engineering Reviews.
- Create and maintain a Master Section Package for the Commodity.
- Work with advance engineering, styling and the company’s technical centre on development of the Concept and feasibility of components and vehicle level integration.
- Work with, and direct the CAD team to ensure all engineering parameters and customer requirements are being fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Update Product Definition whenever project definition changes.
- Develop the DFMEA, DFM and other engineering disciplines if specified by the customer.
- Organise and develop Design concepts, product architecture and set internal Engineering specifications.
- Directs, coordinates, assigns tasks, and works with customer engineers to bring all Engineering disciplines together on the project.
- Participate in all customer meetings which impact the design and engineering of the commodity.
- Represents all Product Engineering concerns at project team meetings.
- Creates and maintains an Engineering Open Issues List.
- Define and identify SC’s / CC’s for the commodity according to customer specification or the company’s internal specifications.
- Prepare preliminary detail drawings, with assistance of CAD design group
- Prepare layouts/detail drawings for review and release, with assistance of CAD design group
- Utilize and apply GD&T.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK