Senior Process Technician
- Responsible for all new tool installations, commission, test and develop new and existing moulds. To improve process performance by achieving and maintaining optimum production efficiencies. To assist in the training of Shift Process Staff. To drive Continuous Improvement activities. To act as a Trial Champion carrying out all process product and material trials.
- To install and start-up moulds in accordance with all good practices and to hand to production in optimum performance status. Carrying out all qualification requirements for each product
- To investigate and diagnose problems relating to the moulding process that are performing below the required level. Covering cycle times, quality and scrap and waste
- To develop moulds for optimum performance in conjunction with other departments through the use of various Moulding systems and techniques.
- Working with complex tooling and automation processes, using a wide variety of materials, core sequences, twin shot moulding and Gas Injection.
- To attend the technical team meetings, lead all trials and be responsible for the full trial process.
- To work with the toolroom, engineering, quality on issues when required and workload permits so.
- To assist the Production Manager and act as the on-shift trainer for any new Process related technologies that are introduced.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure a swift resolution of problems.
- To utilise training skills to work in conjunction with site managers to increase the skill level of process-related personnel in line with the Process Grading system and any Process related SOP’s.
- To utilise training skills to work in conjunction with site managers to increase the skill level of operatives.
- To work as a team member in a multi skilled team environment. This may involve carrying out tasks outside of the core skill area.
- To liaise with relevant personnel and produce reports as required on projects, trials, improvement initiatives, etc.
- To develop 5S, SMED, Kaizen and H & S systems and/or procedures for the Process area.
- To ensure that company policy on such matters as health and safety, housekeeping, etc are followed at all times.
- Ideally served a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Injection moulding qualification equivalent to IMT 3 or above.
- Multi skilling qualification advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of various plastics processes.
- Good knowledge of modern injection moulding machinery, robotics and tooling.
- Good knowledge of different plastic materials
- Good knowledge of modern automation equipment
- The candidate must be a fully hands on person able to cover all process roles
- The candidate needs to be a self-starter who can work on his own initiative, able to take a lead role on new projects.
- Good communicator with all levels in the business, able to work with external customers and suppliers.
- Approachable and able to give support to other departments
- Organised and methodical approach to perceived problems
- Willing to travel if required and work flexible hours in the role as required
- This job description is not exhaustive of all the roles responsibilities, it is a key outline only
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK