Senior Process Engineer
- To be a key member of the Engineering team in order to effectively contribute to the success of Alltrista Plastics Ltd.
- To Identify and implement process improvements (efficiency, quality, cost effectiveness).
- Optimisation of modified and/or refurbished mould tools through the application of structured process optimisation tools, such as DOE, Process and Lean 6 Sigma.
- To perform moulding validation trials at the Tool makers to ensure all validation requirements have been met prior to shipment of goods.
- To perform moulding validation trials on site following installation to ensure all validation requirements have been met (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- To ensure all equipment, process, usability, quality, and safety aspects are considered to deliver robust, capable solutions in production.
- To provide engineering support for ancillary moulding equipment, such as water coolers/heaters, masterbatch dosing units, raw material handling, de moulding robots and component handling.
- To support production if need be in root cause analysis when presented with issues in production related to moulding processes and equipment skills.
- Installing validating, maintaining and continuously improving all moulding systems.
- To assist in leading the project activities for plastic injection moulding and process development from concept phase through to pilot line and industrial manufacturing processes.
- To work within the project team to ensure required support is provided to meet project objectives.
- Fully document project activities and equipment qualification work in accordance with internal procedures, cGMP and regulatory controls.
- Attend Tool makers for FAT.
- Where appropriate, to contribute and provide pertinent information in relation to Alltrista’s. QMS and ensure that all activities carried out within the remit of the role are at all times in compliance with the QMS.
- To comply with Alltrista’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures
- To effectively utilize all available resources (personnel, plant, etc.), in order to fulfil the above
- Performs such individual assignments as Alltrista and or Jadex management may direct
- Confident and competent
- Experience and understanding of de-coupled injection molding and structured process development
- Communication at all levels with colleagues, management, customers and suppliers
- Technical Scientific approach
- Accurate and diligent in documenting process development
- Experience in medical ‘Validation protocols’
- Injection moulding Machine specifications (and ancillaries)
- Qualification to Master Moulder Level 1 (as a minimum)
- Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements for medical industry.
- Knowledge of polymers and injection mould tool designs.
- Experience in New Product Development and/or Industrialisation of high-volume I medical/pharma products.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK