Senior Mechatronic Engineer
- Provide technical input to highly cross-disciplinary development projects where a broad range of physics, maths, electronics, mechanical and software skills are required.
- Be hands-on with designing and performing experiments, analysing data and developing SW/Electronic/Mechanical solutions as project needs dictate.
- Create prototype software in line with “good practice” guidelines for source control and testing
- Produce complex technical design documentation, test protocols and reports
- Manage small projects including the planning of activities and supervision of junior engineers
- Generate reports to inform Project Managers of technical progress
- A degree in Engineering, Physics or other technical discipline.
- Understanding of complex electro-mechanical devices and hands-on experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Broad technical knowledge encompassing engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical and software.
- Experience of scripting for analysing experimental data using programming languages such as Python
- Familiarity with high-level programming languages suited to rapid prototyping (such as Python)
- Familiarity with software source control, continuous integration and peer code reviewing tools
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written technical documentation
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
- Experience of working in regulated environments including practical application of relevant standards
It would also be helpful if you have experience with:
- Working in an Agile environment
- Experience in the medical devices industry
- Technical leadership experience with small engineering teams
- Knowledge of reliability engineering techniques
- Knowledge of standards and processes to support regulatory submissions such as MDR, FDA and 60601
- Knowledge of verification and validation of tools
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK