Senior Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
You’ll be part of an ambitious, collaborative and multi-disciplinary product development team, designing and developing innovative and complex electro-mechanical products and systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing creative solutions utilising a wide range of technologies and meeting the requirements of ISO13485
- As part of a truly disciplinary product development team of mechanical, electronic, software, and system test engineers, leading and delivering project tasks within agreed timescales and budget from early stage design through to validation
- Developing complex electromechanical systems, re-usable articulated surgical instruments and single use consumables, supporting clinical studies, and ensuring designs and manufacturing processes meet exacting performance, biocompatibility, sterilisation and packaging requirements
- Collaborating widely across teams to ensure that designs are delivered to the highest standard throughout the product development process
- Writing and reviewing complex technical design documentation and test protocols
- Supporting Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain with the specification, build and test and verification of production systems and out-sourced products
- A natural communicator and an innate drive to ‘get things done’ goes without saying, and in addition we’d like you to have:
- A strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline plus extensive industry experience
- Significant experience of developing complex medical devices for surgical applications / direct patient contact and / or expertise in developing innovative electro-mechanical systems with high precision and fast response characteristics, using SolidWorks
- Proven ability to optimise designs for high reliability and ease of manufacture
- Analytical skills, including structural and tolerance analysis and use of FEA, mathematical analysis and modelling tools
- Practical experience of transfer to manufacture activities for low and high-volume production
- Experience of operating under formal design processes and designing to IEC 60601, including verification
- Exposure and appreciation of Risk Management and the requirements of operating and developing medical products under ISO13485
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK