Relevant Job Titles:
Injection Moulding Setter, Injection Moulding Technician
This Injection Moulding candidate will have responsibility such as;
- Carry out line clearance at end of production in preparation for next tooling.
- Safely remove and refit tooling to presses in accordance to company procedures.
- Carry process adjustments and full set ups.
- Prove tooling and troubleshoot machine and process before handing to production lines.
- Liaise with operational staff to understand tooling related issues.
- Liaise with Quality engineers for product improvement.
- To be flexible in a “breakdown” scenario.
- Handover the machine to production in a clean and tidy state to BRC expectations.
The ideal candidate will need the following keys skills / experience:
- Knowledge of plastics processing and machine setting of Injection moulding machines.
- Able to compile setting and fault finding instructions.
- Confident in challenging existing practices and looking for continuous improvement in all areas of work.
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative to achieve objectives.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- Is able to work as part of a team to achieve team objectives
- Able to respond positively to changing work demands
- Is conscientious and thorough in all aspects of work responsibilities, and has a professional approach to work
- Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving/fault finding issues
- Ability to listen, and take up new skill
- Able to follow instruction to ensure work is completed as required
- Wants to give a good service, recognising the importance of customer satisfaction on their own work
- Ability to undertake duties in every respect as laid out in the job description (further to training if required)
- Crane licence
- Good knowledge of H&S requirements
- Experience of Moldflow technology
- Blow moulding experience (IBM & EBM) would be highly regarded.
- Clear and proven experience in a technical/setting environment
- 5 Years proven experience in setting high speed plastic moulding machines
- Sepro robot experience
- Qualified to NVQ LVL2 in polymer process or equivalent
- NVQ LVL3 in polymer process