Senior Geotechnical Technician
- Liaising with/reporting to the departmental manager as necessary on any issues or subjects needing attention, regarding maintaining quality of service
- Maintaining suitable and sufficient supplies of materials and consumables necessary for testing operations, ordering as required subject to approval from the departmental manager
- Ensuring that relevant items of test equipment is always maintained/available in current calibration, taking any necessary actions in this respect
- Ensuring suitable housekeeping of areas to maintain them in a suitably clean and tidy condition consistent with required testing conditions
- Good working knowledge of BS1377, BS EN 17892 for soil testing and BS EN 12697 bituminous mixture testing
- Experience in working in a UKAS accredited soils, aggregates, and bituminous testing laboratory
- Ability to speak with clients regarding technical issues and scheduling of workload.
- Knowledge of documented test procedures carried out by the dept. and corresponding published test STDS.
- Knowledge of good site and laboratory practice
- Suitable knowledge to enable checking of test results/information as ‘sensible’
- Knowledge/experience accrued over several years of structural investigation and barrier testing including conducting tests and supervising others carrying out such testing.
- Ability to conduct staff audits
- Knowledge of company Quality Policy and procedures including associated departmental QA/QC procedures
- Knowledge of company H&S Policy including RAMS/SWS and ability to compile such, 1st Aid arrangements, Accident/Incident reporting, PPE requirements and H&S Guidance Notes
- Motivated, focussed, objective
- Positive proactive outlook/approach
- Positive lead example to staff
- Good organisational/logistics skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to exercise the necessary level of authority
- Good level of practical skills & knowledge
- Appropriate level of IT skills
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK