Working within a diverse multi-disciplinary team your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design of highly integrated PCBs which have a mixture of power, digital and analogue electronics
- Working with mechanical, software and manufacturing teams to ensure designs are optimised for integration with other system components and the manufacturing process
- Working with other functions to capture and document requirements, develop test specifications and ensure deigns are compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Working with internal and external manufacturing partners to ensure designs can be manufactured and tested reliably and repeatedly
- Planning, monitoring and reporting development progress against timescales and budgets to project stakeholders and the wider development team
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring to more junior team members, including guiding and reviewing designs and documentation
- Leading investigations into issues and changes to the design and to processes whilst ensuring compliance with the change management process and regulatory constraints
Ideally you will be qualified to degree level in electronics or a related discipline with significant experience developing electronics and leading designs for real world applications. You will be an enthusiastic and proactive team player and keen to produce work to the highest standards.
Required skills and experience
- Full product life-cycle experience including requirements capture, formal change control, verification, manufacturing and risk analysis
- Excellent understanding of electronics engineering fundamentals and their application to real world designs
- Analogue and digital circuit design experience including microcontrollers, motor control, FPGA design, sensors, power management etc
- Knowledge of circuit design processes and tools used for schematic capture and circuit simulation
- Experience of designing circuits and systems for EMC compliance and supporting products through testing
- Experience of working with manufacturers to ensure designs are suitable for high volume manufacture and test
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Track record of providing technical leadership in a related area
Desirable skills and experience:
- Familiarity with designing for medical and safety compliance
- Experience of designing complex FPGAs and testbenches using Verilog/VHDL
- Experience of embedded and scripting software (C and Python)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK