(Home-based with some office visits (London) / Contract – £300-£340 per day / Inside IR35) – remote working during COVID-19 restrictions, 2-3 days onsite in London office once restrictions are lifted.
Principal Accountabilities – Senior Consolidation Accountant:
The role requires a flexible approach to meet the challenging commitments of the department. The responsibilities are likely to include the following:
- The post holder will ensure the integrity of the financial reporting and consolidation environment (process, procedures and data).
- Support all consolidated financial reporting including monthly reporting, performance reports, re-forecasts and the annual planning process including Budgets and the Medium-Term Plan
- Accountable for the consolidated Reporting
- Support audit process acting as key liaison with Company auditors and any other external parties (i.e. pension experts or minority shareholders)
- Support ad hoc projects/action plans as directed by the Financial Control Director, the Head of Accounting and Consolidation, and the Chief Financial Officer
- Support financial analysis of actual and planning data for the company as a whole
- Responsible for reporting, planning and actuals for Corporate Holding companies
- Responsible for producing statutory accounts for certain legal entities
- Responsible for the production of OFGEM reporting
- Responsible for pensions accounting and implementation of controls
- Support semi-annual and annual impairment exercise
- Assist in supervising the CoE Accountants within the Consolidation team by co-ordinating their workload by deputising for the Accounting and Consolidation CoE Manager when they are absent
- Be capable of acting as strong deputy in the absence of the Accounting and Consolidation CoE Manager, building relationships and contacts throughout the business as a whole
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or equivalent with post qualification experience
- Strong academic record with good numerical, IT and written skills with an up to date knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of SAP, Hyperion and ANAPLAN would be essential
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of key business issues is desirable
- Experience of finance department within large organisation
- Experience within the utility or power sector would be advantageous
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV – or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK